Monday, April 28, 2008

Shooting in the Hood.....

I’ve been trying to post this but haven’t been able to down load the pictures. Finally I have time. You may have seen this on the news if you live near by. We live in a condo and we’ve been hit with several assessments since hurricane Wilma and on top of that our maintenance keeps going up and up and this year it went up 10% which is a lot. And it seems no one knows where the money is actually going.
I guess the financial stress finally caused someone to snap. A Disgruntled owner went to the condo association office to complain about the assessments and maintenance and he had a gun with him and apparently took two women who were working in the office as hostages. One of them managed to call 911 and within minutes the building was surrounded by SWAT Teams. Now this all happened around 3pm while we were working. And when I get home, I get half way into our complex and the police are turning people away. Right away I freak out, what’s happened, I’m thinking our building must have had a fire or something, but it never crossed my mind that there was a shooting, but that’s what I was told as I was stopped and told I could not enter my building. OMG!!! A shooting!! Right away I’m thinking which of my neighbors would be capable of such a thing….apparently none of my neighbors, but someone from another building.
So to make a long story longer……..the man with the gun finally came out with the two ladies and they were friendly, one woman even gave him a kiss on the cheek and the two woman walked peacefully away toward the cops and the gunman was ordered to drop his gun, but he took his gun and started to point it towards his own head and at that point the SWAT Team took him out, I believe he was hit 7 times. Unbelievable!!! The Man was 57 years old and he did not survive. I think it’s tragic and I feel sorry for this family, clearly the man had problems.
So we had to park down the street and were able to walk to our building to get in. It happened in the building next to ours, so I don’t know why they wouldn’t let us in our parking lot. More news crews and cops just kept showing up, we finally went to sleep at around Midnight and they were all still there. What takes so long!! I took some pictures from the balcony from our building. Here are a few pictures that I took.
The Sheriff Van
This is a SWAT guy all dressed in his SWAT Gear
The SWAT Truck News Crew and Cops
More News Crews Kept Showing Up


No comments: