Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Mom
A year ago today you quietly and peacefully drifted away from us. I still can not believe its real and I can’t stop the ache in my heart. I can’t help but re-live that day over and over in my head and it takes my breath away. I hope you know we were you with Mom.
I get up every morning and I go through the motions of our day to day lives but it’s not the same and I’m not sure it ever will be. I try so hard to not be sad because I know that you would not want us to be sad Mom and so I try, but most days I fail. Mostly I am just angry at the world. I don’t understand why you had to leave us, I know it wasn’t your choice and I just hope you are at peace Mom.
Please look out for us Mom, we need you so much. I just wish I could talk to you. Of course I talk to you all the time but I want you to hear me (I think you do) and I want to just hug you Mom and never let you go.
Please watch over Beau for us Mom as he is struggling to find his way in this world and he’s making some big choices, please watch over him and keep him safe.

I Miss you Mom more than I can say and my heart is so broken…

I Love You Mom

I Carry Your heart With Me

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it (anywhere I go you go my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)

I fear no fate (for you are my fate my sweet) I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true) And you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you.

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart…I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart).

Poem by: EE Cummings

No comments: