Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend of dinners and Big Savings

Last night we had a great dinner with our friends Terry and her boyfriend Mike. They grilled Flank Steak on the Grill and made some home made cheesecake!! It was yummy and we got to catch up as we haven't seen them in awhile. It was fun, Thanks Terry & Mike.
Tonight we had a great dinner out with my Dad, we were celebrating the fact that some medical tests he had were all negative. YEAH!!! He took us out for a Steak Dinner!! Thanks Dad.

If you know me, then you might already know that I HATE grocery shopping!! I hate everything about it, and mostly I hate spending so much money on what feels like nothing. Well this weekend I was actually excited about grocery shopping. Here's why...I saved $90.60!!! Between Publix, Winn Dixie and Walgreens I spent $124.77 total and saved in Coupons and BOGO/Sale offers $90.60.

Publix - spent $52.06 saved $43.86
Winn Dixie - spent 25.97 saved $13.67
Walgreens - spent$46.74 and saved $33.07

Luckily for me my Publix & Winn Dixie are about 2 minutes from each other and the reason I went to both is because they had different BOGO offers. Then the next day Walgreens had some great deals and I had lots of coupons to go with the sale items.

One of my co-workers is a serious Coupon queen and knows all the tricks, and she held a lunch meeting with anyone who was interested in her tips on saving money. Well I went to listen and I used all her tips and advice on saving money and it really is true!! It does take a little research and thought but so worth it. I saved $90 and the best part is I am stocked up and lots of items so I won't have to buy a lot of stuff for awhile.
I can hardly wait until next week!!

If you shop at Publix or Target or Food Lion or really any place, check out this website for great savings tips and ideas and current ads. Click Here It helped me a lot!!

We have a big night out planned for next weekend (Birthday dinner at Benihanna's) so stay tuned and I promsie to have pictures!!

No comments: