Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm Back......

Hello Family & Friends....it's been awhile, I'm sure I've lost all my readers, but hopefully everyone will come back and catch up with me!!
Lot's has happened since Spring Break and I will attempt to catch up on all the goings on, it's been a busy Summer...
I will start my catch up with a Current Event: Tonight's Dinner!!
In an attempt to eat healthy, I made Classic Minestrone Soup and it was Surprisingly Really Good!!

Recipe:
2 Carrots, diced
2 Stalks Celery, Chopped
1 Large Onion, Chopped (I diced it pretty small)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
1tsp. Italian seasoning
1 cup small shell pasta
1 cup shredded escarole or kale (I used kale)
1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans or navy beans (drained)
Grated Parmesan for serving..optional

Combine carrots, celery, onion and garlic in crock pot. Pour in broth an stir in tomatoes with their liquid, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

About 30 minutes before serving, stir in pasta, kale and beans. Cover and increase heat to High and cook until pasta is tender, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot topped with Parmesan if desired.

219 calories per serving

No comments: