Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weekend Recap & Great Friends….

We had a busy weekend of painting and shopping, mostly at Home Depot…LOL. The good news is we are 95% done just a little touching up and baseboards to finish, thank goodness, but it looks great.
We did manage to have some fun on Friday night; we went to a Christmas Party at Sharon & Wayne McLennon’s house. It was the first time we saw their new “Dream House” and it was GORGEOUS!!! I wish I had pictures to share but my camera isn’t feeling well and I don’t think it’ll make a full recovery anytime soon. I am hoping to upgrade to a new for Christmas…hint hint to Santa. The party was fun with lots of great Food and Fabulous Friendly people. The McLennon’s have two beautiful Sons, Alex and Matthew who I haven’t seen in years and they are so grown up now, and just adorable!!
It was so nice to spend time with my old friend Sharon and her family. The best friends are the ones you know you don’t see all the time but when you do, it’s just like you’ve seen them everyday. I wish we could see them more often. As we were chatting with a new friend at the party, we discovered that they had been friends with Sharon & Wayne since they were young and living the wild and crazy New York City life. I told my husband that’s the kind of person Sharon is a Life Long Friend and I’m so grateful to have her as my friend. Thanks Sharon & Wayne for inviting us to your fabulous party, we really enjoyed it.

Sunday night we also had the opportunity to spend some quality time with some old friends that we rarely see anymore. (Kelly & Hans) Kelly & I have been friends since the 5th grade, another Life Long Friend! Hans is great friends with Rob also, he moved here from Holland around the same time Rob and I met, so they bonded pretty quickly and both are avid fisherman. Kelly has two sons, Alex and Even that keep her pretty busy, they are great kids and she is such a good Mom. But it’s hard to find some alone time to get away, but on Sunday they called us to say they had a few alone hours and would we want to hangout, so of course we said yes, and put down our paint brushes for a few hours and had a nice dinner with our friends, even though it was brief it was just what we all needed!!! I wish I had pictures to add to my post, I hate not having pictures but I’m having camera issues, however I did find this picture of Kelly & Hans when they were dating….how sweet.

No comments: